Thursday, January 13, 2011

Elmo-la

It has been so much fun watching (listening) to M learn to talk over the last few months. He's started to put together two-word sentences and ask me for the names of things. It's pretty funny to hear him pronounce "dinosaur." A few nights ago I realized he was copying me when I said "chop-chop!" to hurry him along. (Later that evening J taught him to say, "Mama, bath! Chop-chop!" Apparently I was being too slow in preparing his bath...

One of my favorites is how he adds "la" to the end of things as a term of affection. It began when he started watching Sesame Street in the morning with Daddy while I take a shower. It's the sweetest thing - M and Daddy cuddled in bed with a bottle. He developed an immediate love of Elmo. I used to be so irritated by the squeaky little monster - but there's something amazingly attractive about him to little people. And, honestly now I can't help but be impressed by the folks at Sesame Workshop. A bit scared, but impressed. Anyway, M started calling him Elmo-la because of the theme song to Elmo's World. Which was pretty darn cute in itself. But then, a couple of weeks ago, we realized that he was adding "la" to other things he loved. Daddy became, "Daddy-la" and his dog is, "Doggie-la." Today when I picked him up from school I was greeted by "Mama-la!" and lots of kisses.

I love being Mama-la.


Merritt7

Watching Sesame, holding a cutout of Elmo-la and using a drink box as a telephone. He says "e'llo" and holds it up to his ear. Yes, my kid is a bit strange...

No comments:

Post a Comment