Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holiday Traditions: Winter Books

One of the family traditions I'd like to create is reading special winter/holiday books during December. Merritt has started picking up a book, walking over to the closest parent, and tugging on our leg until we sit down and read to him. He won't sit through a whole book, and often wants to look a the pages in his own order - two pages forward then one back, etc. - and sometimes he'll "read" to us in his sweet little jabber. I love it! I like the idea of special books for the seasons.

So far we have:
The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
The Tomten by Astrid Lindgren

Ok, only 22 more to go! (Not that I want to get them all this year...perhaps one or two a year) I've been finding inspiration on
various mama blogs but have no idea what would be good this year.

Merritt1

M and Daddy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment