Sunday, December 5, 2010

Second Haircut

Today M and his Mama went to a child-friendly salon at one of our local malls for his second haircut. His first haircut was in early November, but I only took video and I've been too lazy to edit (sorry Mom!) Last time I asked the stylist to leave his curls, so it grew back pretty quickly, hence the second haircut in less than a month...

It was starting to get pretty fluffy by Thanksgiving. (A very tired little M - sitting on his keyboard - after a morning of playing with Uncle M.)


Merritt5


He was such a sweet, mellow little guy and didn't make a bit of fuss. Perhaps because he got to sit in the chair shaped like a tractor (which also happens to be his latest word!) and watch Thomas.


Merritt8




Merritt11


He wasn't much of a fan of the clippers...

Merritt10

After the haircut, we played on one of those coin operated kiddy rides.

Merritt15
He loved it before I turned it on, but I think the motion freaked him out a bit. Now I know I can save $.50 and still have a happy kiddo!

His haircut really makes him look like a little boy. It's a little disconcerting. He was very ready for a nap when we got home, and he slept so long I had to wake him up. He was such a grumpapotamous (and wearing grumpypants) when he woke up. All he wanted to do was cuddle up and rock with me. It was so cozy - a nice reminder that he's still very much my baby.
Another milestone passed. It's a little strange, but also wonderful, to think that soon I will have lost track of the number of haircuts. So many firsts (and seconds...) It's so much fun watching this little boy grow up!

1 comment:

  1. What a good boy! I'm getting a haircut on Friday, maybe I'll ask if they have a tractor seat.
    He looks very handsome with his new do.

    ReplyDelete