Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ode to a Swing...

No, not more poetry. Promise. This is about one of my favorite baby products - our Graco Lovin Hug swing. We got it when he was about five weeks old and he naps so well in it. At daycare, they are lucky if he naps for an hour. Total. All day. But, in his swing with his blankie, he will nap at least two hours in the morning and an hour or two in the afternoon. I plop him in the swing when he gets drowsy and tuck in his blankie and he puts himself to sleep. So nice!

It was a real turning point in my disordered, sleep-deprived new-mamahood life when I realized I could actually count him sleeping for a long stretch of time twice a day. I felt human again.

We didn't purchase a swing before he was born. My brother and sister-in-law gave us theirs, but we managed to break it the first week we used it. Then we visited my inlaws in VA when M was just over a month old and they bought one for him to nap in. It was love at first swing for M.

Every weekend I have grand plans to start putting him in his crib for his naps, but the thought of giving up those lovely naps is a bit tough. Thank goodness the swing is safe up to 35 lbs!

M at five weeks, the first time in his swing.

1 comment: