Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekending

We had a quiet weekend. I had to work on Friday and Saturday night, so we stayed close to home. Lots of swimming and trips to the park. And lots of chores completed! J replaced our grungy old basement sink and I conquered Mount Laundry. M spent lots of time looking cute. He's very good at it.

M's latest favorite toy is the baby gate at the foot of the stairs. He absolutely loves opening and closing any door, but the gate is at just the right height for him.

"Will you open the gate Mama? Please?"
(this picture makes me want to wake him up for a cuddle. So tragic!)

Wanna swing?

While swinging he was making a "lalalalala" sound with his tongue (I can't describe it, but I remember doing it when I was little. It was pretty cute.)


I love this picture because he looks less like a baby and more like a little boy. (Also the reason I hate this picture...)


And, I love this one, because he's still my baby, and oh boy does he love his blankie.

I had a twinge of "my baby's growing up," when we went to the local playground on Sunday. It was the first time I let him out of the stroller to play. We ran into one of our neighbors and his three-year-old daughter. M had such fun following her around the playground and trying to do everything she did. It was so sweet. But a little sad. My teeny, tiny baby wears shoes and plays with other kids at the playground!

No comments:

Post a Comment