Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Challenges of Childrearing

This morning at breakfast I gave M slices toast with jam, strips of chicken sausage and fruit. A yummy little breakfast for a growing boy. And a bit of a treat, because I don't usually give him such salty food. He took one look at it and then systematically dropped each piece over the edge of his highchair tray and onto the floor. For some reason I found it absolutely hilarious. Something about his serious expression or perhaps it was because it was 6am and my sweet boy woke me up at 4am... It was so hard not to laugh, but I was afraid if I laughed, he would know I was laughing at his actions and then dropping food would become even more of a game. I know he's just exploring, but I would rather this not become an every meal occurrence. I've learned my lesson, he gets annoyed if we don't play "so big" at the start of every meal. It was cute at first, but it can get a wee bit tiresome. *grin* So, I bit my lip, laughed in my head and gave M extra kisses for his cuteness after I wiped him down.

I love being this little boy's mama!


No pictures from this morning (did I mention he woke me up at 4am?) but this is a picture from the first time he had solid food.

No comments:

Post a Comment