Saturday, August 28, 2010

One year ago...

It was my first day of maternity leave and also M's due date. I was preparing to go to my final doctor's appointment. And by preparing, I mean probably lying on the couch watching tv. Not, unfortunately, doing something useful like having breakfast. Something I regretted five hours later. Instead of spending my first day of maternity leave having breakfast at my favorite diner, getting a pedicure and doing a bit of last minute shopping, I ended up being sent to the hospital by my doctor because my BP was high. I spent the morning hooked up to machines, starving. I was so grateful at 1pm when the nurse told me I was being induced and let me sneak out and get food at the hospital Au Bon Pain.

It was my first lesson of motherhood - always have breakfast, because kids are unpredictable!

No comments:

Post a Comment