Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mini Reunion

Last weekend M and I had a wonderful visit with three of my friends from high school and their little ones. Walt, my very best friend and roommate from George School lives a little over an hour away from my mother-in-law's house on the Cape. (Walt is not her first name, but it seemed like everyone in our class was an Emily or a Sarah, so we called her by her last name. And I still tend to call her by the shortened version.) I haven't seen her in ages - she stopped by when M was brand new.

Walt and her darling little boy

It turns out that two of our classmates, twins Emily and Bonnie, have been vacationing in the same town with their family for years! It was such a strange coincidence. We've probably been in the same town many times over the last 10 years I've been visiting J's family.

Emily and her daughter Willa Rose - Bonnie and her son Joe

We went to Skaket beach. I'd never been before, J's family goes to Nauset, but it was a really neat beach for kids. At low tide you can walk really far out and there are shallow tidal pools that M loved playing in. My boy is fearless when it comes to water. He is in complete denial that he still needs to hold my hand. We really need to take swimming lessons soon!

It was such fun, if a little strange, seeing M play with the children of my high school friends. Honestly, in my mind they should still be 18. They are all such wonderful mamas.

This was the first time M and LP met. LP was so sweet about sharing his trains with M.

The boys played very well together!

No comments:

Post a Comment